We strongly support people from all Vedic Sciences including Yoga, Vastu, Vedic Astrology to become members of TAPAS. In addition, we encourage all Allied Health Professionals to join TAPAS. Please note that the Membership is for a year and all payments are non-refundable upon approval.
TAPAS is a movement of Ayurvedic Practitioners, Counselors, Students, Professionals and allied health specialists, educators, physicians, professionals, health care providers, academicians, policymakers, interested citizens and students.
10 Great Reasons to Be a Member
1. Connection: You are connected to a larger group banded together to produce positive results for Ayurveda in the state of Texas.
2. Annual Educational Conference: The annual Conference provides quality education and networking for Ayurveda Professionals, Students, Consumers and Allied Health Professionals. You receive a SIGNIFICANT discount by being a member. You can contribute to the content, help plan the Conference or attend to enhance your professional and personal development.
3. Public Policy / Advocacy: You can contribute to the strong advocacy program centered on assuring that Ayurveda voices are being heard. The Legislative Committee prepares legislative updates/alerts, and keeps track of issues under consideration by the State Legislature.
4. Free Informational Services: The association keeps members in touch with each other and current issues through the association’s web site and email updates of emerging issues relevant to Ayurveda. You remain informed about Ayurveda in our region in a way that saves you time.
5. Networking: You have many opportunities to network with Ayurveda and Health professionals in our region, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current job, find opportunities for career enhancement, etc. Networking events range from Annual Conferences to regional meetings.
6. Affiliation: You will have affiliation with YOUR professional association and over 200 professionals in our region.
7. Discounts on Educational Offerings: You receive reduced registration fees at all sponsored Continuing Ayurveda Medical Education (CAME) events.
8. Leadership Opportunities: You are provided opportunities to learn and practice leadership and meeting management skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self-promotion. Opportunities are available on the Board, committees and special projects.
9. Recognition: You can be recognized or can recognize your colleagues for their achievements in public health. Some of our heroes work right next to us every day!
10. Empowerment: You are part of a larger community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life.